Dear Parents and Families,
We are reaching out to provide you with an update regarding special education supports and services given recent shifts to hybrid learning. Hybrid learning has started for our elementary students and district, specialized programs (Broadway, Pervasive, Behavior and Extensive) have been back in session full time. We continue to hear positive feedback where students are engaged and excited to be back in the classroom.
Some important information for you to know:
- Middle School Students: Hybrid schooling will start on Monday, February 22. Hybrid learning allows students in Group A to come to school on Monday and Thursdays and students in Group B on Tuesday and Fridays. Wednesdays are set aside for teachers to prep and be available for students remotely. School will resume normal, regular hours.
- High School Students: We have an anticipated start date of March 1st for hybrid schooling.
- You will receive more details around building level specifics from your child’s Principal
- We will continue to prioritize implementation of IEPs. We realize you may have questions and concerns. Your first point of contact is your child’s special education teacher.
- Please know that you still have the option of having your child remain in remote learning if you choose.
We are really eager to get students back in school. We feel that all health and safety measures are in place and that students will readily adapt to these. Thank you for your patience and support during these challenging times.
Elizabeth A. West
Executive Director of Special Education
Longview Public Schools