At their September 25, 2023, regular meeting, the Board of Directors:
- Approved the consent agenda which contained the September 11, 2023, regular meeting minutes, the personnel report, and warrants.
- Viewed a slide show of all the new elementary playgrounds that have been installed at all elementary schools.
- Heard a report about all fifth grade students attending CISPUS outdoor camp this year. This is the second year that all fifth grade students will be attending.
- Learned the district's annual report will be mailed to Longview residents this coming week.
- Heard a presentation on the Replacement Education Programs & Operations Levy that will come before the board on October 9 for action. The levy makes up 15% of the District's overall budget, is voted on by local voters, and is designed to reduce the overall total tax rate for local school levies. The total locally voted school taxes will decrease from previous years.
- Set a special meeting on October 23, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. to discuss board goals.
- Discuss non-substantive policy revisions as recommended by WSSDA and allowed under Board Policy 1310. Dr. Zorn agreed to run non-substantive policy changes by the Policy Committee.
- Heard the Preliminary August Budget Status Report and an enrollment report.
- Next meeting is October 9, 2023, at 6:30 p.m.