At their June 13, 2022, regular meeting the Board of Directors:
- Approved the consent agenda which contained the May 23, 2022, regular and special meeting minutes, personnel report, and warrants.
- Heard student star polisher as follows:
· Mark Morris student, Ashley Smith, says Ms. Pointer is her Star Polisher. Ashley said, “Ms. Pointer has helped me grow as a person over the last 3 years of high school. As my teacher she has helped me learn how to problem solve situations in an appropriate manner and she’s also assisted me when I’ve been at my lowest. I truly appreciate her as a human being and as my teacher for all she’s done.”
· R.A. Long student Emma Baker says that Mr. Elliott is her star polisher because, “He has made a bigger difference in my life than he'll ever know. He's been there for me in my darkest times, and has always been someone I can talk to. Not only is he an amazing person, but an amazing teacher. He always makes sure his students understand the material, and has lots of different styles of learning for us to try. His class even helped me learn a lot about myself. His cheerful personality is something I look forward to seeing everyday. “
Heard a brief presentation by the Mark Morris FBLA Club members who introduced themselves and discussed the purpose and activities of their club.
- Adopted High School English curriculum materials as recommended by the Instructional Materials Committee.
- Approved the Summer Food Service Program proposal.
- Heard an update on the Affirmative Action Plan.
- Set a public hearing on the 2022-23 Budget for August 8, at 6:35 p.m.
- Adopted revisions to Procedure 2151 Interscholastic Activities.
- Set an special meeting for Monday, August 1, at 10:00 a.m. to hold an annual retreat for the board.
- The next regular meeting is scheduled for June 27, 2022, at 6:30 p.m.