At their May 9, 2022, regular meeting the Board of Directors:
- Approved the consent agenda which contained minutes from the April 25, 2022, regular meeting and the May 2, 2022, special meeting; the personnel report; the Building Condition Assessment Reports; and warrants.
- Heard star polisher nominations as follows: R.A. Long student Connor Palenske stated that Mr. Barker is his star polisher because, “Mr. Barker has been extremely kind and helpful. His class is extremely fun and engaging and I always leave the room smiling.” Mt. Solo student Carter Munsch stated that Mr. Berridge is his star polisher because, “He always is supportive to students and he always tries to make math fun and he is a person you can talk to.”
- Honored the R.A. Long High School Girls' Volleyball Team and Girls' Soccer Team for being named the WIAA Fall Academic State Champions. The volleyball team had an impressive GPA of 3.9 and included team members Olivia Falter, Ronni Hopper, Marissa Stacey, Kamia Tootoosis-Didier, Meredith Chesley, Miranda Bergquist, Danni Hopper, Y Ta, and Jorden Williamson. The soccer team had an impressive GPA of 3.96 and included team members Kathryn Chapin, Kendra Chapin, Madison Fierst, Audrey Zdunich, Emily Anderson, Gracelyn House, Sabra Fitzgerald, Angelica Reyes-Ramirez, and Chloe Yordy.
- Announced that the Longview Public Schools Communications Team was awarded six awards by the Washington School Public Relations Association for their work on a number of projects including a social media campaign, the Design for Excellence, and a redesigned "How To Guide" as well as other work. The awards show the caliber of work coming out of that department.
- Heard a 2022-23 budget development update.
- Conducted a first reading on Policy and Procedure 2195 Academic Acceleration.
- The next regular meeting will occur on Monday, May 23, 2022, at 6:30 p.m.