At their April 25, 2022, regular meeting the Board of Directors:
- Approved the consent agenda which contained minutes from the April 11, 2022, regular meeting, a personnel report, contracts and personal service agreements and warrants.
- Heard star polisher nominations as follows:
Mark Morris student Cera Lesh named Mr. Rogero as her star polisher, stating “Mr. Z helps to create a family between his choir kids. He never fails to get us interacting with one another. I spend two hours in the choir room every morning with Mr. Z and I can’t imagine a better way to start my day, no matter how the day started or the last one ended. He never fails to put a smile on our faces.”
R.A. Long student Samantha Rydman nominated Mr. Mason as her star polisher because, “He helped me overcome my fear of making mistakes in front of others and the fear of talking in front of a class. He has built up my confidence and overall, he is a very nice and helpful person.”
- Heard and English Language Learner program report.
- Heard a report on mental health services available to students districtwide.
- Ratified the SEIU collective bargaining agreement, which is effective September 1, 2021 through August 31, 2025.
- Learned enrollment is down by 93 students this year as compared to budget.
- Heard the March budget status report is on track and revenues and expenditures are tracking as expected for this time of year.
- Heard a number of board subcommittee reports for the Policy Committee, Curriculum & Instruction Committee and the Finance, Facilities and Technology Committee.
- The next regular meeting will occur on Monday, May 9, 2022, at 6:30 p.m.