Distribution of Materials
Individuals seeking distribution of information about their program shall submit to the superintendent or designee a statement of the recreational or educational value to students.
Dissemination of the information does not reflect the district’s endorsement or sponsorship of the activity. In consideration of the privilege to distribute materials, the Longview School District shall be held harmless from any cause of action filed in any court or administrative tribunal arising out of the distribution of these materials, including costs, attorney’s fees, and judgments or awards.
The district or the school will not distribute materials that:
- Are obscene, lewd, or vulgar;
- Are libelous;
- Contain language that is intimidating, demeaning, harassing or threatening on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital or veteran status, including, but not limited to, racial sexual, or ethnic slurs;
- Promote commercial enterprises (The district reserves the right to allow commercial information related to approved traditional services such as yearbooks, photographers, etc.);
- Promote the violation of existing laws, regulation or ordinances, or official school policy, rules, or regulations; or
- Proselytize or disparage religious beliefs.
Any decision related to material distribution shall be made by the superintendent/ designee whose decision is final.
Initially Adopted: August 22, 2005
Adopted: October 12, 2009