LIMITING IMMIGRATION ENFORCEMENT IN SCHOOLS
Applicably of Policies to Immigration Enforcement
- Longview School District adheres to all requirements of federal and state law.
- The provisions of this policy shall apply to all Longview School District facilities, which include (but are not limited to) adjacent sidewalks, parking areas, sports facilities, playgrounds, and entrances and exits from said building spaces.
- Longview School District’s policies prohibiting participation or aid in immigration enforcement shall apply for enforcement activity against students and their families, staff, and volunteers.
- Longview School District personnel shall presume that activities by federal immigration authorities, including surveillance, constitute immigration enforcement.
Access to Schools
- Longview School District has a responsibility to ensure that all students who reside within their boundaries can safely access a free public K-12 education.
- Longview School District does not exclude students from receiving an education or unlawfully discriminate against anyone because of their race, color, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, immigration or citizenship status, sex, creed, use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, sexual orientation, or on any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
- Longview School District will uphold its responsibility to all students and ensure that all staff and volunteers are aware of the rights of immigrant students to an education.
Legal References: RCW 43.10.310 – Immigration enforcement model policies
Management Resources: 2020 - August Issue
Initially Adopted March 8, 2021