Important Hybrid Learning Information
To accommodate working families, students do not need to be present at pick-up locations to receive meals. Parents, families members and guardians can pick up meals for students who are home attending to schoolwork. We encourage families to download a “free and reduced” meal form at longviewschools.com and turn in the signed application to your school. Please wear a face covering and practice physical distancing when picking up meals. If you have questions, or need information about the meal program, please call the district nutrition office at 360-575-7172.
After reviewing the cloth face covering guidance from the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI), Washington State Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the school district developed the following face covering standards:
Cloth Face Covering:
- Definition: A cloth face covering is fabric that fully covers your nose and mouth.
- Wear face coverings with two or more layers to stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Wear the face covering over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin.
- Face coverings should be worn by people two years and older.
- Face coverings should not be worn by children younger than two, people who have a documented medical condition preventing them from wearing a face covering or by people who cannot remove the mask without assistance.
- Both factory made and homemade are acceptable.
- Face coverings can be made from a variety of materials like cotton, fleece or linen.
- Neck gaiters are acceptable if the material consists of two or more layers.
- Bandanas and face shields are not acceptable.
Employees do not need to wear a face covering when working in a room alone.
Hybrid Learning Packet:
Daily Wellness Screening – English
Flu Vaccine Flyer – English & Spanish
Hybrid Learning Flyer – English
BE RESPONSIBLE, BE RESPECTFUL, BE SAFE.
Daily Health Screening:
Per Covid-19 guidelines, all students and staff are required to complete a daily Wellness Screening prior to entering any Longview Public Schools building. This can be done through Skyward Family Access or using the Skyward App. There is also a paper copy of the Wellness Screening if you are unable to do it through Skyward. Your student will need to provide documentation that the Wellness Screening was completed before they will be permitted to enter the building. You may show the green check screen when entering the building with a phone screen shot or the paper copy. This needs to be completed daily for every student entering any school building.
Below are instructions on how to do the daily Wellness Screening.