(Collaboratively Developed with Special Education Staff)
- Special services is an integral part of the total educational system.
- All students learn when provided a.) guaranteed, viable curriculum employing formative and summative assessments; b.) tiered supports; c.) rigorous and relevant instruction incorporating proven best practices; and d.) highly qualified staff who are supported by targeted professional development.
- Students should be active participants in their learning.
- Students must be taught the necessary skills to become life-long learners and productive citizens.
- Resources should be equitably allocated.
- The provision of a continuum of services should be respectful, age-appropriate, general curriculum accessible and conducive to learning in neighborhood schools.
- Students are successful when parents, educators, administrators, and community members invest in each student, value one another's contributions, and collaborate to provide a quality education.
~Updated September 2019